Identity Development in a Global Age
Because of my research
orientation and personality perk of being incessantly curious, I am often quite
progressive in my thinking. I see things not as they are but as they could be
and love to empower others to do the same.
Although I enjoy
being accepted, I am not afraid of being singular to help lead change in a
positive way.
And I believe that
now more than ever, we must recognize that we cannot delay the process of
embracing radical changes which first require critical self-inspection. So this portfolio was created with the
essence of my own self-evolution. I hope this will be a tool that expresses
more than an academic requirement or social media profile. In fact, I have the
option of making all of my social media accessible through this one site, which
I may plan to do in the future. Additionally, I took the opportunity to integrate
faith and learning here, as it is an essential aspect of my identity, that
should not be overlooked even if not required.
Overall, I attempted
to summarize who I am becoming in my journey as an individual and life long
learner.
I observed that this
assignment has helped me to recognize my identity and development of strengths and areas for growth in this global age.
This personal
journey has given me an outward perspective.
So now as I consider
that we are living in a global era, where the flux of an ever-changing society
cannot be stymied by outdated and traditional modes of operation, I recognize
that we can no longer exist in a networked, technologically advanced world by
brick and mortar means alone. We must stop ourselves from saying "I don't
know how to do this" and the accompanying fear that halts us from taking a
plunge into a deep mysticism of the unknown. Burn and crash though we might, we
must be willing to fail and repeat the process until we learn how. But we
can no longer suffer ourselves the loss of crucial moments in our lifetime by an
unwillingness to try.
While being ushered into an
unknown future, we may be whisked blissfully away if we refuse to accept
and embrace the change that the newest generation has now established.
If we fail to keep pace with inevitable and ensuing changes, there's always early
retirement or the possibility of switching career fields completely.
But what we can no
longer do, is to pretend that we can remain idle and on the back end of leading out in higher education.
The field itself
demands that we recognize the need to change and experience growth for
ourselves first and foremost, and then make outward movements to assist others
in our society.
When cemented in a state of resistance to change, we are truly
crippled by a lack of self-awareness and an objective looking at our own
perilous state, in this our here and now.
So, we must ask ourselves:
Who are we really -
in this global era?
Are we agents of
change?
Or are we paralyzed
by a fear to optimize all the nuances of our personal experiences and ratified
envisioning of a new globalized technologically-advanced society?
If we allow fear to consume us, we will become less than inspirational - handicapped and
dwarfed, until we wither away - While the world watches silently, and yet moves
on.
Because of my research
orientation and personality perk of being incessantly curious, I am often quite
progressive in my thinking. I see things not as they are but as they could be
and love to empower others to do the same.
Although I enjoy
being accepted, I am not afraid of being singular to help lead change in a
positive way.
And I believe that
now more than ever, we must recognize that we cannot delay the process of
embracing radical changes which first require critical self-inspection. So this portfolio was created with the
essence of my own self-evolution. I hope this will be a tool that expresses
more than an academic requirement or social media profile. In fact, I have the
option of making all of my social media accessible through this one site, which
I may plan to do in the future. Additionally, I took the opportunity to integrate
faith and learning here, as it is an essential aspect of my identity, that
should not be overlooked even if not required.
Overall, I attempted
to summarize who I am becoming in my journey as an individual and life long
learner.
I observed that this
assignment has helped me to recognize my identity and development of strengths and areas for growth in this global age.
This personal journey has given me an outward perspective.
So now as I consider
that we are living in a global era, where the flux of an ever-changing society
cannot be stymied by outdated and traditional modes of operation, I recognize
that we can no longer exist in a networked, technologically advanced world by
brick and mortar means alone. We must stop ourselves from saying "I don't
know how to do this" and the accompanying fear that halts us from taking a
plunge into a deep mysticism of the unknown. Burn and crash though we might, we
must be willing to fail and repeat the process until we learn how. But we
can no longer suffer ourselves the loss of crucial moments in our lifetime by an
unwillingness to try.
If we fail to keep pace with inevitable and ensuing changes, there's always early retirement or the possibility of switching career fields completely.
The field itself
demands that we recognize the need to change and experience growth for
ourselves first and foremost, and then make outward movements to assist others
in our society.
When cemented in a state of resistance to change, we are truly crippled by a lack of self-awareness and an objective looking at our own perilous state, in this our here and now.
When cemented in a state of resistance to change, we are truly crippled by a lack of self-awareness and an objective looking at our own perilous state, in this our here and now.
So, we must ask ourselves:
Who are we really - in this global era?
Or are we paralyzed by a fear to optimize all the nuances of our personal experiences and ratified envisioning of a new globalized technologically-advanced society?
If we allow fear to consume us, we will become less than inspirational - handicapped and dwarfed, until we wither away - While the world watches silently, and yet moves on.
Who are we really - in this global era?
Are we agents of change?
Or are we paralyzed by a fear to optimize all the nuances of our personal experiences and ratified envisioning of a new globalized technologically-advanced society?
If we allow fear to consume us, we will become less than inspirational - handicapped and dwarfed, until we wither away - While the world watches silently, and yet moves on.
